Sunday, September 25, 2011
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Friday, September 9, 2011
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
While I was shopping for mattresses I came across GoMattresses.com. Not only do they have a wide array of mattresses to choose from in all the names you know and love (Enso, Lady Americana, Primo International, and Simmons) but they also offer free shipping on EVERYTHING, as well as no sales tax! This, combined with their already low prices means on average I can save a lot of money vs. shopping at my local store.
Their site is well laid out and organized by the type of mattress you like (Plush, Pillow Top, Firm, Euro Top, Memory Foam, or All Mattresses if you want to see everything). They even offer bed frames and futons!
Friday, June 10, 2011
Pampers has partnered with several bloggers to promote their Little Miracle Mission campaign. They've even launched an app on their Facebook page.
From their website:
ABOUT LITTLE MIRACLE MISSIONS
Pampers is working hard to make this world a better place for every little miracle.
Little Miracle Missions is a program that encourages people to help one another in fun, unexpected ways. From time to time we'll suggest a way for you to support a little miracle. Gather some friends to join the cause and Pampers will complete their own larger mission reaching families across the country. Think of it as a chain of good started by you.
Every time you do some good you can enter The Little Miracles sweepstakes for a chance to win free diapers and wipes for a year*. *Limit one entry per person per day.
To that end, each blogger is offering 1 of their readers the chance to win a FABULOUS prize! Each lucky winner will receive a $300 AMEX Gift Card to help host a baby shower for someone special in their life. Please see each participating blog for their entry requirements and bonus opportunities - they're blog-specific and not campaign-specific.
Monday, May 23, 2011
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Friday, May 20, 2011
To that end, each blogger is offering 3 of their readers the chance to win a FABULOUS prize! Two winners will each receive a Veggie Party Kit of their own (estimated value $100 per kit) and one Grand Prize winner will receive a $200 AMEX Gift Card to help buy healthy groceries for their family.
Head over to Eighty MPH Mom where you can win a $200 American Express gift card or 1 of 2 Country Crock Prize Packs! ending 5-25
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Saturday, May 7, 2011
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Follow the host, @hayneedle on Twitter
Prizes (copied directly from their post):
Cedar Cabana 5 x 5-ft. Sandbox with Side Screens
Storkcraft Tuscany Convertible Crib and Changer Combo - Espresso
Great American Woodies Red Cedar Classic Porch Swing
Weber Q 100 Gas Grill
Ravenscroft Beveled Orbital Magnum Decanter
Espresso Classic Jewelry Armoire
Cabos Collection Patio Dining Set - Seats 4
Coral Coast 9 ft. Push Button Tilt Patio Umbrella
Monday, March 28, 2011
Continental US Winners Only
The Family Traveler Package – 3 Winners (approximate value $350)
- $250 Amex Gift Card to help you buy gas, snacks, and souvenirs
- Flip Video Camera
- SALONPAS samples
The Relax and Unwind Package – 4 Winners (approximate value $115)
- Beach Chair
- Beach Bag
- Beach Towel
- SALONPAS samples
- Travel Games for the car
- Travel Mugs for Mom and Dad
- SALONPAS samples
Thursday, March 10, 2011
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- AMD Athlon II X2 240e Dual-Core Processor (2.80GHz)
- ATI Radeon HD 4270 integrated graphics
- 640GB 7200RPM Serial ATA hard drive
- 2GB DDR3 memory
- Slim-tray DVD burner with LightScribe
- Wireless-N LAN card
- HP Wireless Keyboard and Wireless Optical Mouse
Sunday, March 6, 2011
- A Lovely Thing
- Burgh Baby
- Geek Turned Athlete
- It's Twinsanity!
- Jenny on the Spot
- Lauren's Latest
- Novel Eats
- Raising Colorado
- Twinfinite Chaos
This sweepstakes runs from February 23, 2011 to March 20, 2011 and is only open to individuals who, at the time of entry deadline, are legal residents of the United States and are 18 years or older. Click here for official rules. Good luck!
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Pink Dandy is a spin off company of Raw Beauty that was created by Janae Chang in 2004. What really sets Pink Dandy apart from other bath and beauty products is that we maintain consistent quality in each and every product, ensure that our products are made with rich, natural ingredients and are knowledgeable about our customers wants and needs in skincare and candle products.
Pink Dandy not only enriches ones skin and soul, but, is also created in fun and playfully designed packaging. Pink Dandy’s promise is to always provide you with Vegan Friendly products that are Cruelty Free and contain No Phthalates. Enjoy and embrace the skin you’re born with and pamper it to the fullest with Pink Dandy’s gourmet bath and beauty products.
Third Edition 120 Color Eyeshadow Palette from BHCosmetics. Priced at under $35, this is an AMAZING value. so even if I don't win one I think I'll buy one to treat myself :)
Digital Bathroom Scale from EatSmart. I'd love to win this, so I could track my weight loss progress at home, instead of waiting for my monthly weigh-ins at the nutritionist's office.
Friday, February 25, 2011
- All-In-One Valentine's Special with FREE $50 Restaurant.com Gift Code - this is a great value for only $59.97
- eternity hearts necklace - needs no explanation :)
- murano heart bracelet - at less than $50 each, I could get these in both silver AND gold! :)
- strands of diamond accent earrings - these would be classy with jeans and a sweater/top, or perfect for an evening out. Classic, timeless, beautiful.
- semiprecious bracelet - I love the colors in this.
- forever hearts bracelet - simple, yet elegant.
- 30 purple tulips - add the cherry red vase for maximum impact!
- mr. beer premium home brewery - changing gears a bit, my son would love this as a gift anytime of the year!
- year of seeds - this is a lovely gift and a great value!
- hall gallery frame set - pictures are always a great gift IMHO, and this a gorgeous way to display them.
Here's a listing of the giveaways I've found so far - I've noted what the giveaway is for, but please refer to each specific blog for their entry requirements. Each blogger handles their giveaways differently :)
- A Happy Hippy Mom - $100 gift card, ends 2-9
- A Mom's Impression - $100 gift card, ends 2-10
- A Nut in a Nutshell - $100 gift card, ends 2-27
- Arms of a Sister - $50 gift card, ends 2-8
- Ascending Butterfly - one item of winner's choice valued at $70 or less, ends 2-28
- Baby Loving Mama - $100 gift card, ends 2-17
- Being Alison - $50 gift card, ends 2-10
- Blessings Abound Mommy - $100 gift card, ends 2-10
- Blogfully - $100 gift card, ends 2-5
- Champagne Living - $100 gift card, ends 2-11
- Cocktails with Mom - $50 gift card, ends 2-10
- Confessions of an Overworked Mom - $100 gift card, ends 2-11
- "Deal"icious Mom - $100 gift card, ends 2-9
- Eighty MPH Mom - Head over to Eighty MPH Mom where you can win a $100 Red Envelope Gift Code! ends 2-11
- Empowering Mommy - $100 gift card, ends 2-10
- Energizer Bunny's Mommy Report - $100 gift card, ends 2-9
- Fun Saving Money - $100 gift card, ends 2-10
- Girl Gone Mom - Wall Gallery Frame ($70 value), ends 2-15
- Health, Beauty, Children and Family - $100 gift card, ends 2-11
- Icefairy's Treasure Chest - $100 gift card, ends 2-11
- Kiddies Corner Deals - $100 gift card, ends 2-7
- Laughing Lindsay - $100 gift card, ends 2-7
- Melinda Joy - $100 gift card, ends 2-25
- Minnesota Mama's Must Haves - $100 gift card, ends 2-10
- Mom Start - $100 gift card, ends 2-21
- MomSpotted - $100 gift card, ends 2-27
- My Silly Monkeys - $100 gift card, ends 2-10
- Nicole's Nickels - $100 gift card, ends 2-7
- No Time Mommy - $100 gift card, ends 2-12
- One Savvy Mom! - one item of winner's choice from the Valentines Day Selection valued at $70 or less, ends 2-14
- Outnumbered Mama - one item of winner's choice valued at $70 or less, ends 2-21
- Our Kids Mom - $100 gift card, ends 2-9
- Rockin' Mama - $100 gift card, ends 2-10
- The Bragging Mommy - $50 gift card, ends 3-3
- The Divine Miss Mommy - $100 gift card, ends 2-14
- The Not-So-Blog's Experimental Mommy - $100 gift card, ends 2-9
- Thrifty Mama B - $100 gift card, ends 2-4
Thursday, February 24, 2011
The hardest part is that I LOVE to cook, so it's tough figuring out calorie counts when I make a pot of spaghetti and meat sauce for example (whole wheat pasta, and 3/4 ground turkey to 1/4 ground beef, with tons of veggies in the sauce, so don't start with me!).
I've thought about doing something easier like NutriSystem for a loooong time now, but I just don't know. I'm not a terribly picky eater but I do have several foods I hate (any type of pea or bean for example), so I wonder how it'll work for me. Since I can't pick up their food at the local store I've never tried it, so I wonder about the taste.
One Savvy Mom! is trying NutriSystem for the next 16 weeks and blogging about it, and in conjunction with that she's offering one lucky reader a full MONTH of NutriSystem food! I envy her that she only needs to lose 25-30 pounds. She'll be blogging about her progress weekly, and then selecting a winner on Friday February 25, 2011. Entries will be combined from all her weekly posts.
If I lost half my body weight, I'd still be technically overweight. It's sobering. I just have to keep in mind that it went on 1 pound at a time, so it has to come off that way, too. I'd love to drop 50 (or 100!!) pounds overnight but that won't happen.
Update 11/30 - I got weighed, and I've lost 3.84% of my body weight since I started on 10/25. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. The hardest thing for me is eating breakfast every day - I generally don't. I've been cheating a bit by drinking a Boost on the mornings where I'm rushed (which is most weekday mornings) which the nutritionist is OK with. Plus it boosts my fiber intake for the day (which I don't really have a problem with, but it doesn't hurt).
I actually think I lost more than that before Thanksgiving, but that weekend I indulged a little (ham, mashed potatoes, red velvet cake). No where near as much as I used to eat, but I definitely exceeded my 1600 calories/day for that 4-day weekend.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Monday, February 21, 2011
My son claimed the Tropical smoothie (and declared it delicious!) and drank it so fast I didn't get a chance to snap a photo. I did ask him to take a picture of me drinking the Vanilla, and this was the best of the bunch (I didn't have any straws so I just drank it out of the cup).
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
I found out that Prilosec OTC is an over-the-counter (OTC), once-a-day Heartburn medication that works by blocking the stomach pumps that produce acid.
From the sponsor's website: Prilosec OTC Blocks Heartburn
When you eat, millions of tiny pumps in your stomach lining create acid to break down food. Normally your lower esophageal sphincter (LES) works as a door, opening and closing to let food pass from your esophagus into your stomach.
When your LES relaxes, excess acids flow up, or reflux, into your esophagus. This creates the painful sensation of heartburn.
Prilosec OTC works by directly blocking many of the active stomach pumps that produce acid before they start. Prilosec OTC is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). The way Prilosec OTC works to fight heartburn sets it in a whole separate class from other treatments such as histamine blockers or antacids.
Right now, they have a special offer: buy 2 Prilosec OTC in a single transaction, and get a $25 gift card back (mail-in rebate). In looking at their website, there's also an opportunity to get coupons or even a free sample!
To advertise their rebate promotion (as well as get buzz going about their product in general) they turned to bloggers, and they came out in force. At last count, there were over 40 different bloggers who are participating. Each is giving out a Prilosec prize pack which includes a $100 AMEX gift card! I was able to put together a list - refer to each blog for their giveaway specifics (duration, entry opportunities, etc.):
- 3 Garnets, 2 Sapphires
- A Mom's Balancing Act
- A Mom's Impression
- A Mom's Take
- ace & friends co
- Acting Balanced
- An Island Life
- And Twins Make 5
- At The Fence
- Babes and Kids Reviews
- Baby Loving Mama
- Being Alison
- Blessings Abound Mommy
- Chief Family Officer
- Cocktails with Mom
- Daddy Digest
- The Divine Miss Mommy
- Eighty MPH Mom - Head over to Eighty MPH Mom where you can win a $100 American Express Gift Card and Prilosec Prize Pack!
- Empowering Mommy
- Energizer Bunny's Mommy Reports
- Fun Saving Money
- Guide to Smart Shopping
- I Could Use A Deal
- Just Married with Coupons
- Kiddies Corner Deals
- Ladybug Soup
- Fabulous Won
- Laughing Lindsay
- Mom Start
- Momma Findings
- Mommy Katie
- Moody Mama Says
- My Silly Monkeys
- My Thoughts, Ideas and Ramblings
- The Not-So-Blog
- One Mom's World
- The Post-it Place
- Review Avenues
- Sage and Savvy
- Sharing Savings With You
- She Scribes
- Simplified $aving
- Southern Bella's Ways to Save
- Tatum's Family Reviews
- What's That Buzz
If I see any more participating blogs, I'll add them to the list :)
Monday, February 14, 2011
- a bottle each of Crisco 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Crisco Pure Olive Oil and Crisco Light Olive Oil
- set of four Italian Recipe Pasta Bowls from Williams-Sonoma
- Herbs of Tuscany window box kit from WindowBox.com
- pair of herb scissors from Crate & Barrel
- 12" bamboo spoon from Crate & Barrel
- salt pig with scoop from Crate & Barrel
Saturday, February 12, 2011
- Closet of Free Samples is giving away a Himalayan Salt Lamp. So is Granny Loves Gift Baskets, so you have 2 opportunities to win one!
- Heck of a Bunch is giving away 3 Cleavitz (winner's choice of style and color)
- Kiddies Corner Deals is giving away a 4lb. cheesecake of choice from Cheesecake.com
- Pink Daddy Chatter is giving away a bed set from CleanRest, which includes a mattress encasement, box spring encasement and 2 allergy-free stuffed pillows.
- Shibley Smiles is giving away a year's supply of Downy fabric softener.
- Shop with me Mama is giving away a Bake Me a Wish Mochaccino Brownie cake.
Monday, February 7, 2011
Removes more dirt with less detergent than leading competitor based on FCT-0024p and FCT-0284.
MaxExtract Technology: MaxExtract Technology™ features the most advanced combination of multi-action agitation, carpet washing, dirt removal and direct heat drying - to provide the look of professionally groomed carpet that you can live on within hours of cleaning. Dual scrubbing, multi-directional brushes have been specifically engineered to surround carpet fibers, removing dirt at every angle. High velocity suction removes the dirty water from the carpet while applying forced heat to speed up dry time.
Integrated Spot Cleaning: High intensity LED spotlight illuminates problem areas. Two spot cleaning settings: Stream setting for smaller spots and stains and the Spray setting to attack heavy traffic areas.
Computerized Cleaning Modes: Choose between Carpet or Rug settings. Wash with AutoRinse: Patented technology that automatically rinses your carpet with fresh water, leaving less soap residue behind for a cleaner carpet longer. Illuminating wash and rinse lights give you instant feedback and confidence you are cleaning properly. Tank indicator lights alert you when a tank needs to be filled or emptied.
Convenient Cleaning Tools: Clean stairs and other hard to reach areas with the SpinScrub powered hand tool, upholstery tool, or crevice tool attached to a super stretch hose.
Sunday, February 6, 2011
For this giveaway, the winner will receive a $399 USD gift certificate to use towards the purchase of the Black 7292 Series Leather Swivel Recliner with Ottoman by Mac Motion Chairs.
I'm picking Green Bay to win, the final score will be 31-21.
Find out more details on the official Super Bowl XLV Recliner Giveaway page. Good luck!
Friday, February 4, 2011
- gallon of their Deep Kettle House Chili with toppings
- dozen freshly baked cornbread muffins
- party-sized Caesar Salad
- baker’s dozen of their house-made Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sunday, January 30, 2011
BlogHer has partnered with Jimmy Dean D-lights for their “Better Breakfast, Better You” Program. Twenty-five bloggers are reflecting on their health choices over 2010 and trying to make better choices in 2011.
For me personally, the bad health choices I've made in 2010 (and earlier) are too many to list - lack of exercise, skipping meals, eating way too much processed/fast food, not watching portion sizes, calories, fats or sugars, lack of sleep and just basically neglecting my own health. I started working with a nutritionist late October... mostly because I knew the holidays were coming up and I wanted to get a jump on getting myself under control! I actually lost weight over Thanksgiving and Christmas *woohoo* and my goal is to lose 100 pounds this year.
Although I've not been able to exercise as much as I should due to my physical limitations, just making the following changes to my diet has allowed me to lose over 20 pounds so far:
- No skipping meals.
- Reading food labels, checking portion sizes, fat grams and sugars. Nothing with any form of sugar in the first 5 ingredients (I read that somewhere, it's easy to remember).
- Eating breakfast within an hour of waking up. I try to have some cheese and a piece of toast and some fruit, but I don't always have the time - these Jimmy Dean D-lights would be perfect to have on hand!
- I switched to whole wheat pasta, and double-fiber bread (or multi-grain for a change of pace). I don't like brown rice or sweet potatoes, so I limit rice and potatoes to once a week (either/or not both).
- No more sodas. That was tough. Now it's strictly water, with the occasional glass of juice or tea, or a cup of coffee. Water only though after noon.
- I've added a fruit and/or veg to every meal. EVERY meal. No, french fries are NOT veggies!
- No eating after 7pm. This one is tough, and there are times I still am hungry at night. If I can't stand it, it's some cheese or fruit.
- Lunch is my biggest meal of the day.
- I generally don't consume carbs with dinner. If I do, I seem to get those late night munchies.
As part of the “Better Breakfast, Better You” Program, these 25 bloggers are giving away $100 on each of their blogs. Stop by, see what they have to say and share your own tips for your chance to win!
- A Lovely Thing
- Barking Mad
- Black Belt Mama
- Busy Mom
- Cheat Day Cafe
- Creating Motherhood
- Eclectic Recipes
- Faith, Fitness, Fun
- From My Tiny Kitchen
- Jamie Cooks It Up!
- Lamb Around
- Our Life in the Kitchen
- Raising Colorado
- Reproductive Jeans
- Roots and Wings Co
- Smashed Peas and Carrots
- Taste and Tell
- The Branches
- The Maynard Moment
- The Polka Dot Chair
- The Sassy Crumudgeon
- The Skinny Gourmet
- You, Me & The Kid
This sweepstakes runs from December 28, 2010 to January 30, 2011 and is only open to individuals who, at the time of entry deadline, are legal residents of the United States and are 18 years or older. Winners will be randomly selected from all eligible entries. Click here for official rules. Good luck!
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Baby Loving Mama is hosting a giveaway sponsored by Tyson Any’tizers. One lucky reader will win 5 free product coupons (up to $8.99 value each)! I warn you, visiting her post will make you hungry! She hosted a party around New Year's and served a variety of Any'tizers to her guests, and they were a big hit! My son loves their Buffalo Style Hot Wings as well as their Pork Mini Ribs and Stuffed Chicken Pepperoni Minis, so if I won this giveaway he'd be over the moon! These aren't just great for a party, they also make a good after-school snack, easy dinner entree, or easy dorm food! This giveaway ends on Monday.
- a non-branded Apron
- copy of No Whine With Dinner: 150 healthy, kid-tested recipes from the Meal Makeover Moms
- $100 American Express gift card
- Birds Eye Vegetable Recipe Cards
From the sponsor's website: The benefits go beyond ordinary shapewear - ShaToBu instantly gives a sleeker silhouette, but women can also see and feel a difference in their bodies with regular use over time. By incorporating resistance bands right into the garment, muscles work a little harder and more calories are burned during daily activities.
Saturday, January 22, 2011
About Macy’s Million Dollar Makeover:
Clinton won’t just be transforming your wardrobe; he will help to transform your work, your home, your entire life. “Macy’s Million Dollar Makeover” will consist of a nationwide call for entries through January 31st, from which eight contestants will be selected for a Clinton Kelly makeover. America will help us decide which of the eight will win the makeover of a lifetime, worth $1 Million!
To help get the word out, Macy's has teamed with several bloggers to sponsor giveaways of $50 Macy's gift cards. Score your own mini-makeover!
These are the bloggers that I've found that are participating - please see each one for their specific entry terms and duration.