- gallon of their Deep Kettle House Chili with toppings
- dozen freshly baked cornbread muffins
- party-sized Caesar Salad
- baker’s dozen of their house-made Chocolate Chip Cookies
Friday, February 4, 2011
Sunday, January 30, 2011
BlogHer has partnered with Jimmy Dean D-lights for their “Better Breakfast, Better You” Program. Twenty-five bloggers are reflecting on their health choices over 2010 and trying to make better choices in 2011.
For me personally, the bad health choices I've made in 2010 (and earlier) are too many to list - lack of exercise, skipping meals, eating way too much processed/fast food, not watching portion sizes, calories, fats or sugars, lack of sleep and just basically neglecting my own health. I started working with a nutritionist late October... mostly because I knew the holidays were coming up and I wanted to get a jump on getting myself under control! I actually lost weight over Thanksgiving and Christmas *woohoo* and my goal is to lose 100 pounds this year.
Although I've not been able to exercise as much as I should due to my physical limitations, just making the following changes to my diet has allowed me to lose over 20 pounds so far:
- No skipping meals.
- Reading food labels, checking portion sizes, fat grams and sugars. Nothing with any form of sugar in the first 5 ingredients (I read that somewhere, it's easy to remember).
- Eating breakfast within an hour of waking up. I try to have some cheese and a piece of toast and some fruit, but I don't always have the time - these Jimmy Dean D-lights would be perfect to have on hand!
- I switched to whole wheat pasta, and double-fiber bread (or multi-grain for a change of pace). I don't like brown rice or sweet potatoes, so I limit rice and potatoes to once a week (either/or not both).
- No more sodas. That was tough. Now it's strictly water, with the occasional glass of juice or tea, or a cup of coffee. Water only though after noon.
- I've added a fruit and/or veg to every meal. EVERY meal. No, french fries are NOT veggies!
- No eating after 7pm. This one is tough, and there are times I still am hungry at night. If I can't stand it, it's some cheese or fruit.
- Lunch is my biggest meal of the day.
- I generally don't consume carbs with dinner. If I do, I seem to get those late night munchies.
As part of the “Better Breakfast, Better You” Program, these 25 bloggers are giving away $100 on each of their blogs. Stop by, see what they have to say and share your own tips for your chance to win!
- A Lovely Thing
- Barking Mad
- Black Belt Mama
- Busy Mom
- Cheat Day Cafe
- Creating Motherhood
- Eclectic Recipes
- Faith, Fitness, Fun
- From My Tiny Kitchen
- Jamie Cooks It Up!
- Lamb Around
- Our Life in the Kitchen
- Raising Colorado
- Reproductive Jeans
- Roots and Wings Co
- Smashed Peas and Carrots
- Taste and Tell
- The Branches
- The Maynard Moment
- The Polka Dot Chair
- The Sassy Crumudgeon
- The Skinny Gourmet
- You, Me & The Kid
This sweepstakes runs from December 28, 2010 to January 30, 2011 and is only open to individuals who, at the time of entry deadline, are legal residents of the United States and are 18 years or older. Winners will be randomly selected from all eligible entries. Click here for official rules. Good luck!