Sunday, August 8, 2010

Seven Things I Am Grateful For

1. My Son
I know, this goes without saying... but having a child has changed my life for the better in so many ways, I can't even begin to list them all.

2. Music
Anyone who knows me, knows I love music. All sorts of music. I can't even imagine a world without music - it would be like a world without color.

3. The Internet
I love having the world at my fingertips, at the click of a mouse.

4. Wisteria
There is nothing that makes my heart sing more than a warm spring evening, sitting outside under a trellis overrun with tons of wisteria blooming. When I die, I want to die like that. With the Carpenters playing in the background on the radio :)


5. Carbs
I saw someone else post this on their list and I said, "OMG, YES!" Carbs, in all shapes, forms and flavors. Crusty bread, mashed potatoes, pom frites, cakes, cookies, pies, doughnuts (and their cousin, donuts) rice, pasta... I've never met a carb I didn't love.

6. Comfortable Clothing
Goes without saying, but at my age (and size) I look back at the clothing options I have now, and compare it to what my aunt was wearing 40ish years ago (she was about the same weight as I am today) and I'm soooo happy that Omar the Tentmaker has given way to stylish, comfortable and fashionable clothing in plus sizes.

7. No buts or if onlys
You know what I mean.

You're so pretty, if only you'd lose 20 pounds...
That dress looks great, but isn't it a bit tight across the hips?
I love it, but you spent too much money.
Congrats on your pregnancy! If only the father hadn't dumped you.

...and the list goes on and on. I'm grateful for all those times someone has said something, that wasn't followed up by a "but" or "if only".

No comments:

Post a Comment