Sunday, January 2, 2011

Lazy Sunday...



I love this SNL digitial short!! Lazy Sunday describes how I feel today. The weather isn't helping; it's been overcast and drizzling all weekend. My son and I were supposed to go to the movies, but he had to work. Since I don't have to work tomorrow (WOOT!) I don't feel the need to do my normal Sunday chores, like laundry. I did manage to clean out the refrigerator this morning, I made myself an AMAZING breakfast: scrambled eggs with spinach and Alouette, sausage (REAL, not turkey - only 2 links though, well browned and drained) and a toasted bagel. I was going to have a mimosa, but my son drank all the orange juice :(

There are a couple of great contests ending today.

Pink Dandy Chatter is giving away an Omaha Steaks Grilling Collection. This prize package is worth $154! It includes a variety of their products:

  • Four (5 oz.) Top Sirloins
  • Four (4 oz.) Boneless Pork Chops
  • Two (4.5 oz.) Stuffed Sole with Scallops and Crabmeat
  • Eight (3 oz.) Gourmet Franks
  • Four (4 oz. approx.) Boneless Chicken Breasts
  • Four (5.75 oz.) Stuffed Baked Potatoes

I've wanted to try Omaha Steaks for awhile now, but I always seem to miss their sales and although I've heard great things about them, I really can't justify the expense on my budget. This would be great to win! Especially since my son goes back to college this week... then I won't have to share! HA!! If you check out their site, and sign up for their email offers, you be entered to win $1,000 of FREE Steaks! You can enter daily, and they pick a winner once a quarter.

The ABCD Diaries is giving away a Tortuga Rum Ltd. 33oz Rum Cake in the winner's choice of flavor! I've tried the Chocolate before and it was AMAZING! It was incredibly flavorful, moist and you could taste the rum but it was smooth - not that sharp bite of alcohol that you'd expect. I think if I won I'd pick Pineapple, although the Key Lime and Blue Mountain Coffee both sound delicious as well. I love that these cakes last 6 months in the pantry, or indefinitely if refrigerated or frozen, since one cake will last me a VERY long time!

Just think, if I won both of these giveaways, the kind of party I could have! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment